Six Simple Changes You Can Usher In Your Nutrition Right Now!
- Drink Lemon and Water First: An every-morning routine to begin your day. Lemon juice cleanses and stimulates the liver & kidneys and raises the alkalinity of regular water keeping you healthy and helping you digest food better all day long. When you digest food properly, you get more out of your food in terms of nutrient value.
- Stop Drinking Calories and Chemicals: Replace soft drinks, sport drinks, packaged juices, crystal light and vitamin waters for water with fresh lemon, fruit or mint, Coconut water (for sport recovery). There is no need to put chemicals into your body and the “sport drinks” are not giving you energy, they are leeching energy from you. Avoid being fooled by labels.
- Trade In Refined Foods for Whole Foods: Instead of – Instant oatmeal, white bread and pasta, pastries, muffins, bagels, white rice try steel cut oats, rolled oats, bulgar, quinoa, brown rice, amaranth. Instead of – Sugar, aspartame, splenda, equal, brown sugar try coconut sugar, raw honey, stevia, pure maple syrup, brown rice syrup.
- Eat More Fruit – Eat locally grown or organic fruits and eat a variety of fruits throughout the week.
- Load Up on Veggies – Eat a minimum of 4 cups of non-starchy vegetables a day…Raw and Cooked – mix it up. Eat the rainbow in vegetables and fruit. Try a new vegetable eat week.
- Eat Fat to Lose Fat: Coconut oil for cooking, Avocados, nuts and seeds for energy and extra virgin olive oil for cold use such as salads or appetizers.
Healthy Black Bean Brownies
1 can of black beans, drained
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup raw cocoa powder (raw provides additional antioxidants)
3 tbsp coconut oil (butter or Earth Balance buttery spread can also be used)
3/4 coconut sugar or honey or maple syrup
pinch of salt
dash of cinnamon
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Blend all ingredients in the blender until smooth, poor into lightly greased baking dish (8×8 works perfectly), bake for 30 min, enjoy!
You can also read the above the article at http://www.healthsuperstore.com/health/v-how-to-be-nutritionally-balanced-and-lose-weight.htm
With the courtesy of Ariella Turner of Nutritionally Balanced